All-inclusive beach resort hotel, Caribbean
Reducing annual cost of electricity and heat by 15%
Increase reliability of steam and cold water supply
Remove reliance from local energy supplier
- Permitting roadblock for on-site solar plant above 1 MWp size
- Unreliable steam supply.
- Total annual thermal load: 75 GWh
- Total annual electricity load: 36 GWh
- Secure a reliable high quality heat/steam supply.
- Secure a long-term reduction in cost of electricity.
- Equipments owned by the hotel owner-and-operator.
- 6 MWp solar power plant.
- 2.7 MWh battery energy storage system.
- 4x 2.5 MWe CHP units.
- 10 years Power Service Agreement yielding to a reduction in total cost of energy of 15%.