Portfolio of coffee processing plants in three East African countries
Secure a reduction in electricity cost and a reliable access to electricity to power the processing plants during day and night
- Coffee plants are located in remote rural areas suffering from unreliable grid connection.
- Up to 40% of the coffee wet and dry mills annual load is powered by on-site back-up diesel generator.
- During harvesting season, the coffee wet and dry processing activities need to operate during days and nights, despite grid outages.
- Maximise integration of solar PV generation.
- Reduce costs by reducing dependancy on back-up diesel.
- Reduce grid cost by removing consumption during peak tariff periods.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by securing reliable high quality power supply.
On-site microgrid solution
- Solar PV installations on factory roof tops or ground mounted ranging from 50 kWp to 1 MWp.
- Battery energy storage system.